|Hanoverville Road Dryer Fire|
|By Hecktown Fire Company|
|January 3, 2020|
Fire 53 and Tower 1421 (Nancy Run) were dispatched to a reported dwelling fire at 20:11 hours. The resident stated the house was filling with smoke and there was a possible fire in the laundry room. 5352 (AC Hinkel) arrived on the scene and confirmed the dispatch of a fire in the laundry room. 5311 (Lt Cortright) arrived on the scene and the crew contained the fire to the dryer with a pressurized water extinguisher. 5331 (AC Brooks) stood by for water supply and 1421 assisted with ventilation.
**Fortunately, this home had working smoke alarms that alerted the residents, averting a possibly tragic outcome. This incident also served as a reminder to properly maintain and keep dryer vents clear of lint build-up.
|Units:||Engine 5311, Tanker 5331|
|Mutual Aid:||Tower 1421, EMS 17|